By accessing and using these Services, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement as defined below.
‘You’ or ‘Client’– The dog’s owner or carer who is engaging the Trainer’s services
‘Trainer’ or ‘I’ – Rebecca Elliott
‘Consultation Form' – the form provided by the Trainer at the time of booking a Session requiring Client completion.
‘Session’ – the booked time for the provision of Services.
- Your booking is confirmed once payment has been received and the Consultation Form has been fully completed and submitted to the Trainer
- The services will be performed either at the Client’s property or in a place mutually agreed between the Trainer and the Client at the time the booking is confirmed.
- The Trainer reserves the right not to provide Services to any dog that they consider dangerous or a danger to any person or other animal. This shall be at the sole discretion of the Trainer.
- I only use force-free and humane training methods. However, results are never instant and require the Client’s commitment to work with their dog in the long-term.
- I cannot guarantee that the training will work because each dog is an individual case with different behavioural and training issues and a different background.
- The training that I use will be tailored for your dog based on the information you provide to me, including via the Consultation Form.
- I am not responsible for providing a stooge dog if this is recommended for progressing the training or behaviour therapy.
- I will apply personal judgement and will cut short a Session, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions, including but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunderstorms and snow or ice. The decision to do so lays with the Trainer using their personal judgement, for the safety of themselves, their Client and Client’s dog, members of the public, and other animals.
- In the event of a pandemic, I will adhere to the safety measures advised by the UK governing body at the time of the session.
- It is your responsibility to fully and honestly complete the Trainer’s Consultation Form and send it to the Trainer at least 72 hours in advance of your Session. The Trainer accepts no responsibility for matters not disclosed on the Form. The Session will not proceed without the Consultation Form having been completed.
- You will inform the Trainer before any Training Session regarding any updates to the information previously provided in the Consultation Form. This includes but is not limited to: medical information, dog behavioural changes, homing situation or ownership of the dog and legal matters relating to the dog for example a Court order.
- You confirm that the dog is not subject to the Dangerous Dog Act 1991, is not subject to a Court Order and is lawfully in your care.
- Your dog must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime. You will provide proof of vaccinations upon request. You are fully responsible for the good health and timely vaccination status of your dog and will seek professional medical assistance from your veterinarian. The Trainer is not qualified to provide any medical or vaccination advice.
- In the case of behavioural issues, you are happy for us to contact your vet on your behalf. It is your responsibility to obtain a Vet Check for your dog if this is recommended by the Trainer.
- The training that I provide will be specific to the dog that you have consulted me on. It is not designed for, and should not be used for any other dogs without prior consultation with me regarding it’s relevance.
- It is your responsibility to keep yourself, your family and visitors, and your dog safe. I am not responsible for injuries or damage to you, your dog or personal property. Your dog must be kept on a lead during training unless agreed with the Trainer.
- You are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred.
- You must keep your dog under control during the Session. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility.
- You are responsible for bringing any recommended equipment advised by the Trainer to the Session.
- I train using positive reinforcement methods as I believe it is the most effective way to train dogs. If you use forceful handling methods or punishment, your Session will be terminated and you will not be offered a refund.
- I will not conduct a training Session where aversive equipment is being used. This includes but is not limited to choke chains, prong collars, electric collars, rattle cans and corrector spray. These Sessions will be cancelled and you will not be offered a refund.
- You will ensure your dog has a well-fitted and secure flat collar or harness with an ID tag.
- If your dog is known to bite other dogs or cause injury then they must wear a well-fitting muzzle for the Session. The Trainer takes no responsibility for dogs not muzzled or not kept under control during the Session or when outside of the Session. Failure to wear a muzzle when asked may result in the immediate termination of services.
- In some cases I may use a stooge dog to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the stooge dog and if asked your dog will wear a muzzle during these sessions.
- In the event of a pandemic, you agree to follow the measures put in place by the Trainer at the time of the Session. This may include bringing your own equipment such as leads, water bowls, treats and bed, or may involve conducting the Session over a video conference call such as Zoom.
- You are happy for me to share success stories about your dog via social media, and share photos and videos taken during our session(s).
- I respect your privacy in accordance with the GDPR and you confirm that you respect mine. You agree that you will not share training and behavioural materials provided to you by me as part of the Services to any other persons, apart from immediate family members for sole use with the dog for whom they were provided.
- The Trainer collects information from and about their Clients and their dogs for the sole purpose of providing their Services and may disclose this information to others as is necessary for the provision of said Services. This includes but is not limited to veterinarians with whom the Trainer would be reasonably expected to share information in the provision of Services. The Trainer shall accept no liability for any loss or inconvenience suffered by any party as a result of the disclosure of such information.
Fees & Payment
- The Trainer is not qualified to provide veterinary or legal advice and the information they provide is not intended to constitute such.
- Comments and advice provided by others within Facebook groups or on Instagram may not be endorsed by the Trainer and should be treated accordingly.
- My fees are as set out in my written communication with you and are quoted per dog. VAT is not chargeable.
- My fees are exclusive of any out-of-pocket expenses. Any such expenses will be agreed with you in advance of being incurred.
- A travel fee will be charged for travel to locations in excess of 5 miles (each way) from the Trainer's home. This fee comprises a 45p per mile/part mile fee (for each mile/part mile in excess of the aforementioned threshold) plus a £5 fee for each 15 minutes of travel time to/from the Trainer's home.
- In the event that the Trainer provides a stooge dog for a Session, my fees are exclusive of any fees and travel fee charged by the stooge dog handler.
- Payments must be made in full by electronic bank transfer, using the details provided at the time of booking. An electronic receipt will be issued where requested in writing.
- Payment is required in full at least 48 hours before the services being performed. If payment is not received in full, I reserve the right to cancel the Session.
- I do not offer refunds for cancelled services or missed Sessions unless in exceptional circumstances, to be decided at my discretion.
- Where a refund is issued, it will be made by bank transfer to the person who made the original payment.
- If you wish to rearrange a Session, at least 48 hours notice must be provided to the Trainer. Failure to do so may result in the Session being cancelled without refund.
- I reserve the right to cancel any Session (at any time and with immediate effect) if the dog does not respond well to the training plan (where the continuing of said Session is deemed, by me, to constitute a risk).
- I reserve the right to cancel a booked Session at any time at my discretion due to unforeseen circumstances, including due to the implications of a pandemic.
- I reserve the right to cancel the contract (at any time and with immediate effect) if any dog under the contract does not respond well to the training and behaviour plan
Please direct any complaints to the Trainer. These are viewed as an opportunity for improvement and are welcomed.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These terms and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
Each party agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement.